On Watch runs on a tight schedule...
Meet at the head of the dock at the anchor symbol below at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled sail
- The waiting area has benches and is just below the Oldport Marine building's porch. If you are early, relax on the lower deck in front of Oldport, leaving room for other customers to transit the area. Please wait for your captain and don't get on any boats!
- The launch service is a busy place without a public bathroom. They appreciate it if you keep questions
to employees to a minimum and do not wait on the porch.
- On Watch has your contact information and will be in touch should the crew be unable meet you 10-15 minutes before the trip.
- Note: Running late may cut into overall length of your experience aboard Lyra or Wren. If you are early, there are many local establishments to check out while you wait.
- Click anywhere on the map for interactive directions.
Oldport Marine is located in the far right corner of the parking lot as you look at the Mooring Restaurant from America's Cup Avenue.
Your ride on the professional water taxi is a fun and very "Newport" experience. The launches have a hand rail and it's an easy step onto Lyra from the boat.
1 Sayers Wharf Newport, RI 02840
For trips aboard Lyra, call 401-239-2229
For trips aboard Wren, call 508-847-3244
Click for On Watch Sailing's own interactive Newport Parking Map